In honor of Mother’s Day, I thought I’d pay tribute to my most favorite lady in the world. I’ve learned a lot from my mom throughout the years, but here are a few gems that stick with me….
* Always remember birthdays. And anniversaries, and special events. Send a card, people will appreciate it.
* If you have something nice to say to someone, say it. Don’t hold it in just because it seems insignificant.
* No matter how long the car ride is, bring snacks. Or just have a snack drawer in your car. Actually, do both.
* There is a right way and a wrong way to load a dishwasher ;)
* You don’t always need to follow a recipe. Just use lots and lots of spices. Just dump ’em right in.
* Everything happens for a reason.
* 3 words: movie theater popcorn.
* Be nice to everyone. Even if you don’t want to be – it’ll make you feel better in the long run.
* Coffee. Lots and lots of coffee.
I love you mama Ziggy! ;) You mean the world to me and I couldn’t be more proud to have you as my mom. I wish I could be there to celebrate with you today – but I’m so glad we got to kick it last week. Good times (blap blap blap!)
Also, now that I’ve buttered you up, hopefully you won’t mind as much when I tell you that I just realized some of the coffee I served you last weekend expired in 2011….
Happy Mother’s Day!!